Monday, August 30, 2010

Take me to the river

Road trip!

The whole family packed up and hit the road for Alexandria, MN last weekend to see Grandma and Grandpa. Mom, Dad and I went up on Friday and Mim, Poppi, Auntie Ninja  and our friend Lynx came up Saturday. I thought we were just going to visit Grandma and Grandpa and go to church, but then all the Worleys started rehearsing a song. They said it was for my baptism. Baptism?

I was told it was like the Dedication we did the previous weekend. Well, all right, just another opportunity for me to be the center of attention for an adoring public. Plus, Mom had a pretty sharp outfit for me to wear. Anyway, we're all up front in the church and the sacred words are being said, and I'm having a good time, nodding at all the things Mom and Dad are supposed to do for me and then...WHAT THE...water! The pastor starts ladleing water over my head. I wasn't ready for that, but handled it with a certain amount of grace, you might say. Afterwards, though, there was cake and presents!

You can see video of the Baptism ceremony here, and watch the song that Grandpa, Dad and Mom sang for me while Grandma played the piano here. Also, check out some of the photos below from the day.


Here I am mentally rehearsing my lines before the ceremony.

Here's Dad with my cake and our father and son motto.


Great. My auntie is a ninja and my cousin is a vampire!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Baby Moose... you forgot that your adoring cousins Andrew and Christopher made the trip up from Mankato along with your Auntie Rachel and Uncle Fred to see you baptized. And...your Auntie Beth and Uncle Chris from St. Paul. It was a big family affair!!

Baby Moose said...

I know! I know! There were just so many people - and I was handed around so much - that I couldn't even begin to match names with faces. I'll try to do better next time!

*cute face* Can you forgive me?

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Rachel,

It's quite possible that Baby Moose uses proxies to communicate. Theoretically, this post was written by a maternal proxy. No doubt the other half of his memory will weigh in soon.

Auntie Ninja said...

Don't worry, Jamin, your cousin isn't a vamp. Vamps don't appear in photographs! You'll be safe.

Faith said...

No, his cousin isn't a vampire. Neither is he a vamp.

Thank the Lord.