Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hunger

Guest Post by Dad

Baby Moose has graciously allowed me to share some thoughts on his blog.  Today: Hunger.

When he is hungry Baby Moose does not get angry or demanding.  Not right away at any rate.  The surest sign of hunger is that he will hit his face.  Yep, he hits his face as if to say, "I want me some food and here's where I want it!"  At first it seemed a bit strange, but now I'm grateful for the clear signal.

If ignored for too long he will start getting indignant.  This isn't a point of no return, however.  If sung to he will settle down again and maybe even fall asleep if the melody is sweet.

On the other hand, giving him kisses just makes him angrier.  "I don't want your affection.  I want food.  And for the love of Pete, make it snappy!"  Obviously we try to avoid any "angry elf" situations. 

So there you go, that's the nutshell of hunger.

---------------------

P.S. Here are the words to one of those delaying tactic songs.  Lyrical inspiration: Auntie Ninja.

Feed me num nums foolish mortal.  Feed me num nums or you die.
I have had enough of waiting.  You don't need to ask why.
Give me something for my belly or I'll kick you in the shin.
Feed me num nums foolish mortal.  Put the milk right in.

No comments: